Review: Lush Sea Spray Hair Mist
Sunday 26 May 2013 //


i recently purchased LUSH's Sea Spray Hair Mist after hearing everyone rave about it + being as awful as i am at hair stuffs i asked everyone on instagram how to use it. using everyone's tips (arent i lucky that you're all so nice to me!) i was concerned though that it would dry my hair out or fade my pink, so i thought id blog about how it all went!



1. my hair was about four days dirty + had been up in a ponytail. i sprayed it with detangler till it was damp + lightly brushed it out.
2. i then sprayed it on to roughly 1 inch sections of hair.
3. i then twisted my hair relatively tightly + blow dried for a few minutes.
4. unwound the hair + ta da!

this is what it looked like when i did all of my hair, it was still a bit damp at this point though but it later dried slightly more wave + less stringy.

what i liked: it smelled lovely + my hair was shiny + had added volume. my hair gets a bit dry + i was concerned that it would dry it out but it actually made it feel quite nice. someone on instagram also said it might make my pink fade but it didnt at all, so its colour hair safe for all you technicolor ladies + boys. i also sprayed it on my hair when wearing it in a top knot + it helped to slick down my baby hairs + make my hair smell less dirty.

what i didnt like: i have very straight hair + i honestly didnt get the beautiful mermaid hair i had dreamed i would. i think this product probably works best on curly or wavvy hair. after a while mine just went kinky + stringy. the product wasnt mist like either + i found the best way to apply it was to spray it on my hands + run it through my hair.

overall i will probably keep using this when i wear my hair in a top knot or when my hair is a bit flat, but it did not help me in achieving my lifelong dream to become a mermaid.

♥ nicole burgers