Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation
Sunday 26 October 2014 // 0 comment(s)


hello you! okay for some reason i own all of the rimmel foundations. i think because the elusive and rare light porcelain 010 shade is my closest match for a drugstore foundation. i do find though
they end to slide right off my oily face after an hour no matter how much primer i put underneath that wake me up glow. so i was really excited to see that the new rimmel lasting finish 25 hour foundation was in australia + currently reduced as part of an introductory offer at priceline..


i wore it on a 30 degree day to really put it to the test. i teamed it with my standard NYX shine killer primer + applied it with a real techniques buffing brush. The Lasting Finish foundation has the same creamy consistency + scent as the other rimmel foundations. I was expecting a matte finish but instead it has a distinct sheen that isn't as glowy and natural as the wake me up foundation. However a small amount of powder was enough to cover the sheen finish.

 I was actually really impressed with how well it held on all day. It's not lasting for 25 hours but it will definitely get you through the day. After 5 hours of being out in the sun my shiny areas were indeed super shiny but the foundation was still intact + easy to blot back into place. None of the usual drippiness i've previously experienced with Rimmel foundations. I honestly feel like it held up better on my oily areas than Revlon's Colourstay for oily skin for a 1/3 of the price.

What else i liked about it:
- Good colour match that doesn't oxidise
- Doesn't irritate skin or cause breakouts
- Natural looking coverage
- Doesn't highlight dry areas
- A little goes a long way
- Cheap!

What I didn't like about it:
- Not a very "light" foundation. I could definitely feel it on my face all day
- Smells like sunblock due to the SPF 20 factor
- Really had to be buffed into the skin initially


Here is a comparison shot of the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation (with no primer, concealer or primer), before and after.
(Also please excuse my weird septum ring. i had lost mine at the time + was using a sleeper earring. not a cute look!!)

Overall i was really impressed with its staying power. i didn't love the satin finish but i think that teamed with a little powder i will continue to use this for the summer when i need more coverage. I would recommend it for all skin types but maybe stay away from it if you've got spots/acne as the finish will only highlight that.

----------

this post was a little different from what i usually do, y'know just cram a whole bunch into one post. im going to try + do smaller weekly posts. also! i changed my blog layout + header on here + on my youtube. its super simple + i love it!


you can follow my youtube channel via the vlog above or in my links bar! i posted this a week ago but forgot all about telling anyone. oops.

♡ nicole burgers ♡
Post a Comment