1989
Thursday 6 November 2014 // 0 comment(s)


if you're a living organism on planet earth then you would be aware that taylor swift released her latest album 1989 recently. red (her last record) has honestly been the soundtrack to my life the past 2 years; i listened to it almost every night on my way home from work, cleaned my bedroom to 22 on repeat most weeks, drove around with allie playing it in her car, saw it live last december + still never skip all too well when it comes on shuffle. so yeah i've been a little bit excited for 1989.

1989 is an experience. you must know this, so i have prepared for you a small summary of the album.

1. Welcome To New York:
wow. i listen to this + i imagine myself standing in times square and a camera is slowly circling around me as i gaze up at the buildings in wonderment, i have a beret on. my new NY pals + i get into some light hearted mischief in central park, a park ranger chases us. later it is night time + i am standing up in a limo as we drive through downtown. my life is an episode of glee.

2. Blank Space
the verses go super hard but im not really into it. its okay, everyone has their faults.

3. Style
girl c'mon. (imagine this in alaska thunderfuck's voice please.) Style + Blank Space are my least favourite tracks. i am liking this talk about short skirts however.

4. Out Of The Woods
she had me as soon as she started talking about harry styles bleeding + crying. let's be real.

5. All You Had To Stay
sO gOoD. is this a banger?! sad dance tracks are my anthem. god who could leave this sweet angel though? let me crawl on broken glass for you, let me do this for you.

6. Shake It Off
you need to get ready to this song because it has the power to make you very beautiful + invincible. my most played song of september + probably october. you do you girl.

7. I Wish You Would
a song taylor has personally dedicated to me as i lurk past her house in my car at 2 am.

8. Bad Blood
sweetheart, who hurt you? let me put on my leather jacket + shades because we're here to fuck them up.

9. Wildest Dreams
taylor does lana del rey. but she does it so very well. she also makes reference to having sex, how scandalous.

10. How You Get The Girl
YOU KNOW. YOU KNOW THIS IS MY JAM.

11. This Love
i dont like love songs + i do not like this one.

12. I Know Places
this song is ~exciting. what is happening? where are we running to? why are there foxes?!

13. Clean
my favourite and i say that with little hearts in my eyes. the perfect closing song.


for me personally, one of my favourite parts of 1989 has been the promo taylor did leading up to it + following its release. every day i am haunted with the knowledge that i will never dance with taylor in her living room while we eat snacks she's baked for us. i can never have that happiness + so i must live vicariously through other people's 1989 secret session experiences online.


GOD BLESS TAYLOR SWIFT

♡ nicole burgers ♡

Post a Comment